Chair: Jane Henderson
The Church Council is a team of ministry and program leaders who collectively envision, plan, implement and annually evaluate the ministries, programs and general functions of the St. Mark’s community.
Members of the Church Council and other stakeholders bring initiative, coordination and collaboration to develop, implement and evaluate a comprehensive and strategic congregational ministry action plan.
Meetings of the Church Council may be attended by any interested member of the St. Mark’s community. Proposed agenda/discussion topics are coordinated and slotted at the discretion of the Chair of the Church Council.
Church Council meetings are conducted quarterly, typically on the first Wednesday of January, April, July and October.
Among others, Church Council participants include:
- Church Council Chair
- Lay Leader
- Director, Youth and Young Adults (YOU) Ministries
- Director, Children’s Christian Education
- Contemporary Worship Music Leader
- Church Historian
- Church Librarian
- Chair, Board of Trustees
- Chair, Staff Parish Relations Committee (SPRC)
- Chair, Finance Committee
- Chair, Arts and Worship Team
- Chair, Action Team
- Chair, Communications and Outreach Team (COT)
- Chair, Discipleship Team
- Chair, Moon Lecture Advisory Team
- Chair, New Members and Pastoral Care Team
- Chair, Intergenerational Activities
- Chair, Reconciling Ministries
- Chair, United Methodist Women (UMW)
Please contact the Church Council Chair or the Church Office to gain access to password-protected materials posted on this page.