Messy ChurchA fresh alternative to Sunday Worship
What we’re all about
Messy Church is an exciting and casual group learning and sharing alternative for anyone who may not gravitate to weekly Sunday worship experiences. It is informal and activity-oriented. It addresses everyday life issues and includes a shared meal. It is intended for people of all ages and from all walks of life.
Imagine one night a month when dinner is all taken care of – nothing to purchase, make, order or worry about
Instead everyone gets to enjoy making crafts, singing songs, playing games, learning about a loving God and sharing a free meal. It’s fun time for conversations with people of all ages and backgrounds.
Join the fun. Eat hearty food. Make new friends. Make a mess!
So what is Messy Church?
- It’s a different way to experience God, friends and church.
- It happens once a month on the first Saturday of the month.
- It’s for all ages and stages – young families with children, couples, singles, teens, middle-aged folks or seniors.
- All are welcome.
Check it out!
A typical Messy Church program:
- 5:00pm – Doors open (come whenever – no one’s ever late)
- 5:10pm – Crafts and activities for all ages and interests
- 5:50pm – Bible story with music/drama
- 6:10pm – Meal (provided)
- 6:50pm – Sending
What happens at Messy Church isn’t intended to stay at Messy Church
Messy Church is built around a study theme, with activities, a celebration and a shared meal. The building blocks are:
- Creativity – play, imagination and appreciation
- Celebration – finding God; awe and wonder; purpose and meaning
- Hospitality – welcome for all; food; friendship